- Labor Market Returns to a Prison GED (with Jake Cronin & Peter Mueser). IZA Discussion Paper 13534.
- The Opioid Epidemic and Educational Performance (with John Tyler & Sam Owens). EdWorkingPaper 20-322.
- Credit Standards in the PLUS Student Loan Program: Examining Access and Equity (with Stephanie Riegg Cellini & Dubravka Ritter). Brookings Institution Report, 2020.
- Federal Student Loan Servicing Accountability and Incentives in Contracts, with Andrew Sullivan. Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Discussion Paper DP20-05, 2020.
- The Opioid Crisis and Community-level Spillovers onto Children’s Education, with John Tyler. Brookings Institution Report, 2020.
- What Happens to Students When the Federal Government Sanctions Colleges? Third Way Academix Paper, 2019.
- Different Degrees of Debt: Explaining Student Borrowing in the For-Profit, Non-Profit, and Public Sectors, with Stephanie Cellini. Brown Center on Education Policy at the Brookings Institution Policy Brief, 2016.